The second half of our Anniversary celebration was just as awesome as the first. I had forgotten that California Adventure has the Hollywood Tower of Terror. So we did that first. I hadn't been on that ride for a few years and so I got a little jittery when we got in line for the elevator. We were greeted by a giant Samoan man in one of those old freaky door man costumes. He wouldn't smile and he really got into his character. That was not helping my nerves. Then we got in, sat down and strapped in. Our final contact with the outside world was another elevator employee who had the most evil laugh- she was a great actor and totally freaked me out. I felt like it was the first day of high school- my palms were soaking wet, I had nervous pee, and I felt like I was going to puke. The ride hadn't even started yet.
And then it happened- I blacked out at the top of the drop! I have never blacked out on any ride- it could be an upside down, twirly, speedy rollercoaster- none of it has made ever me lose consciousness. I think Puneet still has the claw marks in his thigh from my nails. After the ride was over, I could barely get my seat belt off because I was shaking so badly. What the heck?! I have never been like this before- am I losing my edge? I'm 25 and terrified of the Tower of Terror. I feel like I should stand up in a support group and say that.
Needless to say, I did not take a picture of the one they snapped at the top of the tower. I had my eyes squeezed so tightly shut my face was all cheeks. Not something I'd like to have evidence of.
Other than that, the nite was awesome. And the Aimee Mann concert was so fun! She is hilarious and played a great show.
Maybe someday I will face my fears and attempt the Tower of Terror again. Or maybe I will just stick with the Twirling Teacups. 



No comments:
Post a Comment