Friday, March 6, 2009

You Just Never Know...

...what you might find at an estate sale. In the boonies. The waaay out there boonies.

My sis and I were headed out to a bridal show with Monica and Melissa Tomchek- looking forward to a girly afternoon, when we spotted a sign for an estate sale. Of course, we had to check it out.
It's a good thing too. There was a ton of stuff! We hunted around for a bit, chatted with the family, and then headed inside to see more. Estate sales always make me a little sad- there is a different vibe than at a yard sale where people are usually just cleaning out a garage. There are kids and siblings involved- that have to sort through their lost loved one's memories and then sell them. It's a delicate situation.

So when I saw these two cameras, I thought for sure they were family heirlooms or something. I didn't have much to spend, but thought I would ask anyway. The son offered them to me for $2 each! Say What?! I gladly paid the $4. He told me they had been sitting as decoration in the home for years and years and didn't know if they worked.

When I got home, I started playing with the cameras. I noticed a film roll in the window of one of them, and when I forwarded the film, it moved! I was so excited that a) the camera works and b) there's a good chance that there are vintage pictures on that roll!

So I quickly finished the roll, googled how to open the darn thing, and then discovered an old Kodak film roll! Ironically, it's the same film I use for my Diana Lomo camera. Bonus!


I haven't developed it yet, but if there is anything on that roll, I will have to find that house again and give the pictures to the family.



No comments: