Monday, September 8, 2008

Shine A Light.


The former dining room has been an ongoing project for me as I convert it into a makeup area/parlor. One of the steps to complete this task was changing the color of the chandelier. We haven't done anything to this piece since we moved in, and it always hung a little crooked. Puneet and I love more dramatic lighting and thought black would go with the direction of the room decor. So I got some of my ol' trusty black glossy spray paint and went to town on it.
My mom came over and showed me how to take it out of the ceiling, to avoid that pesky nuisance of being electrocuted, and then helped me set up a proper way to paint it. A few days later, and Voila! It's been revamped, works, and amazingly enough, it hangs straight now! Some shelving and a rug, and this room is almost complete!

No comments: